Interesting. My friend pointed out that Google’s directions to an address we were heading to was completely wrong. Apparently Google dumped Nav Teq in ’08 for Tele Atlas, and recently it dumped Tele Atlas in favor of its own collected data. Ambitious, but now Maps doesn’t seem to be very accurate anymore. These directions are totally wrong by 2 miles. Sure, Google Maps has had mistakes before, and I guess now they’re just trusting in user corrections to fix things…but I don’t want wiki-assurance on my map. I want as accurate data as possible. And with Bing Maps Beta showing some strong promise…
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
.: Recent Comments :.
- How to choose prime seats in a movie theatre | Firstpost on Best Seats for Avatar 3D
- ebook on SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008 forgets password
- Chris H on SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008 forgets password
- L.A.N on The Departed (vs. Infernal Affairs)
- DaveH on SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008 forgets password
.: Categories :.
.: Pages :.
.: Recent Posts :.
.: Archives :.
.: Meta :.